Skill Level: Beginner
- Surfaces & Embellishments
- Rusty gallon paint can, 7 1/2" tall.
- Melissa Frances™ Self Adhesive Vintage Pumpkin Label, 3 1/2" x 6 1/4"
- (Heart & Home, Inc. used for this project as pictured).
- Two - Desert Foam® Dry Foam Bricks (2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 3 1/2")
- Black-Eyed Susan bushes, 22" tall, three.
- Optional: artificial gourds (for display).
- Craft Bond™ Tacky Glue (Elmer's® used for this project as pictured).
- Serrated knife.
(Note: If rusty can is not available, simulate by spraying can with rust and brown spray paints. Rub with steel wool to distress.)
- To make a large block, glue foam blocks together, connecting the 3 1/2″ sides. Using serrated knife, slice off all four corners of foam and discard corners. Glue foam into bottom of paint can.
- Plan arrangement of bushes. Space evenly and insert into foam. Bend stems into desired look.
- Peel paper backing from vintage label and attach to front of paint can.
- Use a gallon, quart and pint size rusty cans with various labels attached.
- Spray paint can black and rub with steel wool to distress.
- Change label and flowers for different season.