Skill Level: Beginner
- foam Brand Foam:
- Three - White Cubes, 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" x 2 7/8”
- The Paper Company™/ TPC Studio™:
- Sweet Beginnings™ Baby Girl Collection:
- 12" x 12" Scrapbook Paper: "Animal Dot", "Elephants", "Word Medley", "Nursery Tower"and "Giraffes"
- Girl Jewels
- 2" paper alphabet shapes
- 2 1/4 yd. of 1/4" wide pink decorative trim
- Elmer's® CraftBond™:
- All purpose glue stick
- Foam mounting tape
- 12" rotary paper trimmer
- Gripster® craft knife
- 12" metal ruler
- 12" x 12" self healing cutting mat
- 5" precision tip scissors
- Corner rounder punch
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Six photos (cropped to 1 1/2” sq.)
- Use rotary paper trimmer to cut 2 7/8″ x 12″ pieces: one “Animal Dot” and two “Word Medley”. To cover STYROFOAM ™ block, generously apply glue stick to one side of one block. Attach “Animal Dot” aligning with edge of block. Continue to apply glue and wrap paper around block until sides are covered. Use scissors to trim excess strip.
- Repeat to cover other two blocks with “Word Medley and stripe side of “Word Medley”. Let dry.
- Use paper trimmer to cut six 2 7/8″ squares from your choice of remaining papers. Similarly, apply glue stick and attach squares to tops and bottoms of three blocks. Let dry.
- Cut 13″ length piece of trim. Use glue gun to carefully apply hot glue to top edge of one side of one block and press trim in place. Continue to apply glue and wrap trim around other three sides, one side at a time. Trim excess with scissors. Similarly, add trim to bottom edge of same block. Repeat to add trim to tops and bottoms of other two blocks.
- Use paper trimmer to cut six 2 1/4″ squares from your choice papers and crop photos to 1 3/4″ square. Use corner rounder punch to round all corners. Use two layers foam mounting tape to mount photos onto paper squares. Set aside.
- Choose two each A-B-C alphabet letters (or child’s initials). Plan which papers to use for covering letters and for mounting. To cover letter, apply glue stick to top surface and attach back of desired paper. Use craft knife on cutting mat to cut out letter. Repeat to cover and trim remaining letters.
- Cut six 2 1/2″ squares paper and round corners. Use two layers foam mounting tape to mount letters onto paper squares. Referring to photo, embellish letters with jewels.
- Plan placement of two photos and two alphabet squares on each block. Use two layers foam mounting tape to attach. Let thoroughly dry. To display, stack blocks as desired.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
The Paper Company™/ TPC Studio™
510 Ryerson Road
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082