BFF Flower Blocks
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun® Foam: 1 15/16" x 3 7/8" x 11 7/8" Block
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Acrylic paint: Lime green and blue
- 3 3/4" x 4 1/2" x 3/8" glittered foam letters – blue "B" and "F" and pink "F"
- Assorted glittered foam butterflies and flowers
- 4 1/2" long craft stick
- 1 3/4" pinch clothespin
- 4" x 6" photo
- Quick dry craft glue (Elmer's® CraftBond®)
- Paint brush
- Glue gun and glues sticks (for adult use only)
- Old newspapers
- Measure and mark to divide 11 7/8″ side of foam block into three sections, each approx. 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″. Use Foam Cutter to cut Block along marked lines.
- On newspaper-covered work surface, paint all three Block sections lime green. Paint craft stick and clothespin blue. Let dry.
- Note how Block sections are setting on one of their 3 7/8” sides. Use quick dry glue to attach one letter to front of each Block section, aligning bottom edges. Let dry.
- On pink “F” block section, push craft stick half way down into top center of Block section. Ask an adult to use glue gun to attach clothespin (with pinch opening at top) to front of craft stick. Let dry.
- To decorate, refer to photo to peel and stick butterflies and flowers to Block sections and fronts of letters. (Tip: Use quick dry glue for more permanence than self-adhesive on foam.) Clip favorite photo into clothespin.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082