Blue & Silver Trees
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- +One each: 18” & 12” Cones
- (2) Large Blue Glittered Poinsettia Branches w/ Berries
- (3) Wired Silver Glittered Berry Stems
- (3) Wired Blue Glittered Berry Stems
- (3) Wired Brown Glittered Berry Stems
- Assorted Sizes/Shades of Blue Ornaments
- Blue Sheer Wired Ribbon
- Brown/Blue Wired Tapestry Ribbon
- Floral Pins
- Tie Wire
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
To create the blue and silver tree, pictured on the left:
- Use the wire cutters to trim the ends of all the blue glittered berry stems to about 1”. Insert one into the bottom side of the 12” cone securing with low-temp glue. Bend the wired berries to spiral up the cone, securing with glue to hold in place. Insert the next berry stem where the first one stops, bending the stems to continue the spiral up the cone. Attach the last blue glittered berry stem in the same way securing it with low-temp glue at the top of the cone. Repeat this using the silver glittered berry stems attaching them just above the blue glittered berry stems as pictured. Attach berries from the stems or leaves to fill in at the top of the cone with low-temp glue.
- Glue one end of the blue sheer ribbon to the bottom of the cone, just under the blue glittered berry stems and spiral it up the cone between the berries. Glue it again at the top of the cone to secure.
To create the blue poinsettia tree, pictured right:
- Pin poinsettia branch to one side of the 18” cone towards the bottom. Bend the branch to form it to the cone pinning it in place. Pin a second poinsettia branch to the opposite side of the cone about halfway up. Bend to form it to the cone pinning it in place.
- Make a large bow from the tapestry ribbon and pin it to the bottom of the cone to help fill in. Cut lengths of the same style ribbon and pin one end to the bottom of the cone near the bow. Loosely spiral it up the cone pinning to secure as you go. Cut lengths of blue sheer ribbon and repeat this step to fill in around the cone.
- Attach blue ornaments to fill in around the entire cone using low-temp glue. Cut apart the brown glittered berry stems and glue them in place to accent the cone.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431