Chalkboard Message Jar
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Products:
- Design It:® Desert Foam® Brick, 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8", green
- Spanish Moss, natural
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- 6.5" Floral Wire Cutter
- 9" tall jar or vase (rounded rectangle OR with straight sides)
- Chalkboard Paint (DecoArt® Americana®)
- Two bushes white flowers (Dogwood, Flowering Crab, etc.)
- 14" length of 7/8" wide multi-colored striped ribbon
- Glue Spots, Thin-medium (Elmer's® CraftBond™)
- 6" Precision Tip Scissors (X-ACTO®)
- 1" paintbrush
- old newspapers
- writing chalk
- Cover work area with newspapers. Referring to manufactures instructions, paint jar with two coats Chalkboard Paint, letting dry between coats and overnight to cure.
- Use Foam Cutter to trim Desert Foam® Brick so that it fits snuggly inside jar.
- Use Wire Cutter to trim major stems from flower bushes. Referring to photo, arrange and insert stems into Brick with tallest in center back and shorter ones toward front. Tuck Spanish Moss around Stems to cover Brick.
- Wrap ribbon around neck of jar, trim ends with scissors and slightly overlap. Secure with glue spots. Write messages with chalk!
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082
P.O. Box 386
Stanford, KY 40484