Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Cone, 3 7/8" x 8 7/8"
- Christmas Cheer™ Collection (Colorbok®/ TPC Studio™):
- 12" x 12" scrapbook papers: "Ribbon Candy Stripe", "Snow Dance",
- "Red Rings" and "Seasons Greetings"
- 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" scrapbook paper, skin color of choice
- Small amount white paper shreds
- 1/8" diameter ball head straight pins: two black and one red
- 12 mm red bell
- Black medium tip paint marker (Elmer's® Painters® Opaque Paint Marker)
- X-ACTO® tools:
- 9" paper trimmer
- 8" scissors
- 12" metal ruler
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- To cover cone, wrap “Red Rings” paper tightly around cone and use pencil to mark vertical line on overlapping side. Also draw circular line along bottom of cone on inside of extended paper. Use scissors to cut along marked lines. Rewrap around cone and hot glue along overlapped edge at back.
- To make hat placement line, use ruler and pencil to measure and make light line 1 1/2″ down from top of cone. Use paper trimmer to cut 5″ x 5″ “Ribbon Candy Stripe” paper. Similarly, wrap around top of cone and mark overlapping side. Also, lightly sketch bottom curve of hat as it would go around cone. Remove paper and use scissors to cut. Before gluing in place, decide if hat seam will be on front or back of hat. Glue. Then fold over 3/4″ of hat point and glue to hold. Glue bell to hat point.
- For face, from skin-colored paper cut 2″ circle. (Note: Circle edge will be covered by beard, so it doesn’t have to be perfect.) Glue face to cone just below edge of hat. At center of circle, push red pin into head for nose. Just above nose, push black pins into head for eyes.
- Refer to photo. Scrunch small handful of paper shreds and glue around eyes and nose for beard and hair.
- For pocket, cut 2 1/2″ x 4″ “Snow Dance” paper (reverse side). Fold back 1/2″ of each short end. With pencil lightly write “Day’s…until Christmas!” on pocket front. Go over lines with paint marker. Let dry.
- Position bottom of pocket even with bottom of cone at center front and glue bottom edge only. Slightly push in sides to create more space between body and pocket and glue sides to body.
- Plan as many strips as you want, (presumably up to 24) for countdown. With paper trimmer, cut 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ pieces from “Ribbon Candy Stripe” and “Snow Dance”. With paint marker, write one number at top end of each vertical strip. Similarly, cut another strip from “Seasons Greetings” paper, cutting out “Merry Christmas”. Place all strips in pocket. Remove one strip per day until reaching the last “Merry Christmas” strip!
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
110 Parkland Plaza
Ann Arbor, MI 48103