Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- White foam Balls, 4" diameter, one ball per two bugs
- Design It®: Foam Cutter
- Spray paint: Holiday Red (Design Master® ColorTool® Spray Color)
- 3/4" diameter black jumbo brads (quantity determined by number of bugs and spots used)
- 1/2" wide black with white dot designer masking tape, 6" length per bug (Elmer's®)
- All purpose glue stick (Elmer's® CraftBond™)
- 8 1/2" x 11" black heavy cardstock, one sheet per 8 bugs
- 2 1/2" diameter round paper punch (or trace and cut circles with scissors)
- 15mm wiggle eyes, two per bug
- 8" scissors (X-ACTO®)
- Old newspapers
- Use Foam Cutter to cut each foam Ball in half. To smooth, rub together cut edges over waste basket.
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray half Balls with Holiday Red. Let dry.
- For each bug, cut 6″ length designer masking tape. Referring to photo, attach tape across half ball (body), wrapping ends to the cut side. (Secure ends with additional glue stick if needed.)
- For head, punch 2 1/2″ circle (or cut with scissors) from black cardstock, one for each bug. Use glue stick to attach head about 1″ under body at tape-line.
- Refer to photo to position and use glue stick to attach wiggle eyes. Let dry.
- Decide number of spots per bug based on the counting or math teaching you want to do. Position brads by lightly inserting into bugs and then push all the way in, when position is correct.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082