Duct Tape Memo Board
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun®: FloraCraft® Foam Block, 15/16" x 11 15/16" x 17 15/16"
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Decorative duct tape:
- three patterns (such as neon pink zebra, black & white check and white zebra print)
- solid color (such as black)
- 8" scissors (X-ACTO®)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Dozen push pins
- Large paper clip
- Photos, notes and save-items, as desired
- Copy paper (optional)
- Note: Duct tape is very sticky and if it folds back and sticks onto itself, it’s difficult to separate. So ideally, work at a table or counter to which you can attach the end of the tape and then use two hands to pinch, unroll and cut with scissors (instead of tearing).
- It’s easiest to cover the whole STYROFOAM board with one print (white zebra print) first, as follows: Place the foam board vertically in front of you. Measure and cut 16″ length duct tape. Horizontally position tape across top edge of foam, folding excess to the front and wrapping ends around sides and to back. Fold corners as you would wrap a package.
- The next 14″ horizontal strip of tape should align with or slightly overlap the first one, with ends wrapping around to back. Continue horizontally covering board with same print duct tape. Optional: If desired, also cover back of board with same tape.
- Refer to photo. To help in planning, cut 2″ strips of copy paper to set on board to design where duct tape stripes should go. Select a contrasting duct tape print (neon pink zebra print) and cut 16″ lengths, one at a time, and attach to board and wrap around edges, according to your plan. (Note: Attach carefully since it’s difficult to remove after it’s attached to duct tape beneath. If desired, ask a helper to hold one end while you attach the other.)
- To make a larger sheet for the pocket, use contrasting color tape (black & white check). Cut three 6″ lengths, one at a time and set horizontally on table, with sticky side up, placed (in rows) above each other on table, with long sides slightly overlapping. (Note: slightly fold under ends so they stick to table to hold them in place.) One at a time, cut and carefully attach three more 6″ lengths on top of first, with sticky sides touching. (If tape wrinkles, start over again!) Use scissors to cut the smooth-on-both-sides sheet to 5″ x about 5 3/4″
- Vertically set pocket in lower left corner, as shown in photo. Cut 6″ length solid color tape. Use scissors to trim tape to 1/2″ wide x 6″ lengths and use to attach pocket to board, all along sides and bottom of pocket. Trim tape as needed.
- For hanger on back, measure and mark center back, 2” down from top. Carefully use point of scissors to make 1/2″ long horizontal slit in tape at that mark. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clip 1/2″. Vertically position paper clip and slide long curved end of clip into slit going up into foam. Other curved end is the hanger loop. (If hanger is loose at all, secure with extra piece of duct tape, without covering loop.)
- Fill pocket with pencils, markers, keep-items and use push pins to hold notes, photos and reminders.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082