Early Spring Basket
Skill Level: Beginner
- 4" x 9" wood basket
- 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8" Desert Foam® Green Dry Floral Foam Brick
- 1 pkg. Spanish Moss
- Berry blossom bush with approx. 15 stems
- 4" tall bird
- 4 1/2" diameter natural nest
- (3) 1 1/4" diameter white plastic eggs
- Design Master® Color Tool® Spray Color:
- Dark Chocolate
- (1) placemat in coordinating colors
- Craft Bond™ Tacky Glue – Elmer's® (Used for project as pictured)
- floral cutter
- serrated knife
- Use serrated knife to trim foam brick to fit into basket. Glue brick into basket.
- Cover and glue moss to foam brick.
- With floral cutter, cut some stems from berry blossom bush and insert into left center of basket. Arrange stems to create a light, airy look. Glue bird near berry stems.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray eggs using Saffron and let dry. For a speckled look, lightly spray-spray Dark Chocolate by depressing nozzle partially down and allowing spray to spatter colored specks onto eggs.
- Glue eggs into nest. Glue nest into right side of basket.
- Place basket onto center of placemat and place remaining berry stems in front of basket.