Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- One 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8" Desert Foam® brick
- 1 oz. pkg. Floral Moss
- 6" x 7" white distressed metal container
- One stem black eucalyptus
- Three stems of dark pink dried-look cabbage roses
- Two stems of white mini orchids
- 42" length of 3/8" crimson ribbon *
- 1 1/2" gold metal heart
- 1" silver metal heart
- Tacky glue*
- Serrated knife
- Heavy duty cutter
- Prepare foam. Use serrated knife to cut a couple inches off one end of floral foam brick so that it fits inside container with the top about an inch from the rim. Remove foam, apply glue and press back into container.
- Insert tallest flowers. Use cutter to trim bottom of stems of white orchids, making them about 24″ long. Insert stems into center-back of floral foam. Note: If container has a handle, decide if it will be positioned at the front or back of the arrangement and add flowers accordingly.
- Insert medium-height eucalyptus. Cut off one “branch” of eucalyptus and save. Trim main stem to about 20″ long. Insert both long and short eucalyptus stems into center of foam on either side of white orchids to create a graduated arrangement.
- Insert shorter roses. Trim stems of three roses to about 18″, 16″ and 14″. Insert into front of foam. Apply glue to top of foam and cover with pieces of moss.
- Add ribbon. Cut 15″ length ribbon and wrap around bottom edge of container, overlapping and gluing at center back. Starting at top back of container, wrap remaining ribbon round top edge and knot at center front. Thread metal hearts through ribbon tails and knot again, leaving 6″ tails.