Gift Wrap Eggs
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun®: White FloraCraft Foam Eggs, 3 7/8" x 5 7/8", three
- Make It: Fun®: White FloraCraft Foam Balls, 3" diameter, two
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Three coordinating colors gift-wrap paper, approx. 8” x 20”
- 6 1/2" diameter silk flowers: one yellow and two pink
- Glue for Glitter adhesive (Design Master®)
- Fine white glitter (Elmer's® Project Popperz™)
- Multi-purpose glue (Elmer's® Glue-All®)
- 9" paper trimmer (X-ACTO® tools)
- 12" ruler
- Small container (such as cereal bowl)
- Small cup of water
- Old paintbrush
- Old newspapers
- Plastic bag
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Pull flower off stem. To fit egg into flower center, use Design It:® Foam Cutter to cut 1/4″ thick slice off large end of foam Egg. Check for fit and trim if necessary. Set flower aside. Repeat to trim other two Eggs.
- Use scissors ruler or paper trimmer to cut 8” x 20” of one color gift wrap paper into 2″ wide strips, then cut each strip into 2″ squares to yield about forty squares. Repeat for other two gift wrap papers, keeping piles separate.
- Cover work area with newspapers. In container, mix 2 tablespoons multi-purpose glue with one Tablespoon water and use paintbrush to stir. To decoupage, paint small area of egg with thinned glue and press one paper square onto glue. Then brush additional glue mixture over paper. Continue applying additional paper pieces, overlapping and alternating directions, until egg is completely covered. (Note: Allow paper to wrinkle as needed to conform to Egg shape, creating texture.) Set on plastic bag to dry. Repeat by decoupaging other two eggs, making more glue mixture as needed. Let completely dry.
- Read Glue for Glitter instructions. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray egg with Glue for Glitter. Sprinkle egg with white glitter, gently shaking off excess. Set aside to dry. Repeat to spray and glitter other eggs. If desired, top coat eggs with spray to assure adherence.
- To create a base, use Foam Cutter to cut 3/4″ slice (to yield a 2″diameter circle) off foam Ball. Repeat to cut another slice from other side of Ball and a third slice from the second Ball. Place one slice, flat side down on work surface. Press plastic base of one flower into top center of base and hot glue to hold. Then glue Egg to center of flower. Repeat to assemble other Eggs onto flowers and bases.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082