Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Balls, 3”
- Yarn – Red, White, Brown
- Felt – Black, White, Orange
- Acrylic Paint – Red, Brown
- (2) Sticks
- Pompom - Red
- Wiggle Eyes (optional)
- Buttons (optional)
- White Tacky Glue
- Paint Brush
- Straight Pins
- For the Santa belly or the reindeer, start by painting the ball red or brown with acrylic paint. Let dry. This will help hide the white foam when wrapping with yarn.
- Glue one end of the yarn to the bottom of the ball. Begin wrapping the yarn around the ball. Turn the ball clockwise as you wrap, keeping the yarn running in different directions around the ball. As you wrap be sure not to overlap all the yarn at the center of the ball as this will create a lump at the center. Instead, overlap the wraps of yarn randomly across the front of the ball. Continue wrapping to completely cover.
- Cut a 4 inch piece of yarn for the hanger. Tie the ends of the yarn in a knot and pin the knot to the ball. Use a dab of white glue to secure the hanger in place.
- Cut pieces of felt to embellish the ornaments as shown and attach with white tacky glue. For Santa’s belly you will need; an 11”x1” black strip, a 1”x1.5” black rectangle and a 1”x1” white square. Fold square in half and cut a rectangle out for the buckle opening. Attach buckle using straight pins in all four corners. For the Snowman you will need; a small orange triangle and 6 small black circles. For the Reindeer you will need; 2 large white ovals and 2 small black circles.
- Reindeer only: To add the antlers, use a toothpick to pilot a hole through the yarn into the foam. Add a dab of glue to the end of the stick and insert into the foam on each side of the reindeer’s head. Add a red pompom with tacky glue for the reindeer’s nose.
– Use small wiggle eyes to replace the small black felt eyes on the snowman and the reindeer.
– Use small buttons to replace the small black felt mouth on the snowman.