Just Hatched Dino
Skill Level: Beginner
- For tail, plan position of STYROFOAM™ cone on small end of large STYROFOAM™ egg so that it curves up. Use spoon to scoop out large end of cone to fit on egg. Use glue gun to attach.
- Use handsaw to cut dowel into 5″ (neck) and four 3 1/4″ (legs).
- Note location of tail and press neck dowel into top, front of body. Remove dowel, apply hot glue to end and press back in place. Press small STYROFOAM™ egg (head) on top of neck and press. Similarly remove and glue. Position legs under body, press into place and similarly remove and glue.
- Cover work surface with newspapers. Paint dinosaur with Olive Green. Let dry. Paint eight triangles Turquoise Blue; eight triangles Bright Orange and all circles Light Yellow. (Option: For easier painting, use a stapler to attach Contact® paper, sticky-side-up, to cardboard. Remove release paper and position wood pieces onto adhesive side. Then paint. When dry, turn triangles over and paint other sides.)
- Use a pencil to lightly draw a guideline down center back of body and head. Press alternating color triangles into body and head. Then remove, apply hot glue and re-insert. Also use glue gun to attach triangles to neck.
- Use glue pen to glue eyes to sides of head and circles to body. Insert quilting pins into head for nostrils. For mouth, bend wire into zig-zag shaped curve and push ends into head. Glue if necessary.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
One Easton Oval
Columbus, OH 43219
P.O. Box 386
Stanford, KY 40484