Moss Garland Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun®: FloraCraft® Foam Sheet, 1 15/16" x 11 7/8" x 17 7/8"
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Spray color: October Brown (Design Master® Color Tool®)
- Two 2 1/2" wide x 6 1/2 ft. length moss (available on spools, or cut sheet into strips)
- Four 36" lengths moss-covered vines
- Three 2 1/2" diameter round, off-white floral pods
- Two large paper clips
- 12" metal ruler (X-ACTO®)
- Craft knife (X-ACTO®)
- Old scissors
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Old newspapers
- Measure, mark and use Foam Cutter to cut 11 7/8″ x 11 7/8″ foam block. For center opening, measure and cut 2″ in from each outside edge to make mark opening. Cut using Foam Cutter.
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray wreath with October Brown. Let dry.
- To cover wreath, measure outside wreath sides and cut strips of moss to those lengths. Attach with glue gun. Similarly cut and attach strips to cover inside edges of wreath. Then cut lengths to fit front of wreath.
- Wrap vines around wreath, using T-pins to hold in place, starting and stopping on back of wreath. Spot glue on back as needed to hold. (Note: Allow vine to be loose from wreath as desired.)
- Referring to photo, arrange pods in lower right corner and glue in place. (Note: If pods have stems, remove them before attaching to wreath.)
- For hangers, on back measure and mark 1″ down from top and 1″ in from each side. At each mark use craft knife to make 1/4″ long shallow, horizontal slits. Carefully insert knife blade into each slit, angled up toward top and remove. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clips 1/4″. Insert shorter rounded ends up into slits, creating hanger loops with longer ends of paper clips. (Hot glue if loose.)
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082