Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun®: Foam, 3 7/8" x 8 7/8" Cone
- Spray paint, tan and black
- Dried beans: 1/4 cup each: black beans, lentils & green split peas; 1/2 cup each: pinto & black eye peas
- 5 medium rubber bands
- Wide mouth jar ring
- Fine line black marker
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Old newspapers
- In well-ventilated newspaper-covered area, spray foam Cone with two light coats tan. Also, spray jar ring black. Let dry.
- To mark sections, place one rubber band round cone about 1 1/4″ below top on one side and 2″ below top on other side, creating an angle. Use marker to lightly sketch around bottom of rubber bands. Refer to photo to use remaining rubber bands to mark placement lines on Cone.
- Apply glue in small area at a time, starting at top, and attach lentils. (Note: If desired, glue all single rows of black beans first, but be careful so that they don’t rub off as you are working on other areas.) Glue beans in following order: lentils (already attached), single row black beans, peas, black beans, black eye peas, black beans, peas, black beans and pinto beans.
- Glue flat edge of jar ring, centered, to bottom of tree.