Paper Flower Bouquet
Skill Level: Beginner
- Use craft knife (with new blade), cutting mat and ruler to measure, mark and cut 3/16” thick Foam Board: two 3 1/2″ x 5″ and two 3 7/8″ x 5″ for Sides. From 1/2” thick Foam Board cut one 3 7/8″ square for Bottom. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
- To assemble box, place ½” thick square (Bottom) on table. Use glue gun to glue foam edge of one side of Bottom and quickly press one side of 3 1/2″ x 5″ against glued edge, aligning carefully. Repeat to attach other 3 1/2″ x 5″ to opposite side of Bottom. Hot glue each of the 3 7/8″ x 5″ to remaining two sides of Bottom and to corner edges.
- Use paper trimmer to cut 5″ x 12″ and 3 3/4″ x 5″ and 3 7/8” square of High Tea Floral. Before gluing, plan on how to wrap paper 5″ x 12″ paper around box (crackle side out), starting at one corner, wrapping around three sides and placing 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece to cover last side. Apply glue stick to one side at a time and attach paper. Repeat gluing and wrapping paper around box. Apply glue stick to entire bottom of box and cover with 3 7/8” square.
- Attach brads to centers of charms and use medium glue spots to attach vertically on box front. Set aside.
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray foam ball with two coats Perfect Pink. Let dry. When dry, use glue gun to attach foam ball to foam box, nestling ball into box so that it’s secure.
- Make flowers according to book instructions including sanding edges and curling petals with kabob stick. Use glue spots to assemble approximately 24 large, 16 medium and 16 small. Use glue spots to attach flowers to foam ball, beginning with large flowers and filling in with medium and small flowers until covered.
- Use glue spots on ends of brads and insert into bouquet as desired.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082
International: +27 31 765 8503 or USA +1 (616) 328-6221
12 Fischer Park, Fischer Road, Hillcrest 3630
Durban, Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306