Photo Pencil Posies
Skill Level: Beginner
- *FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- One - 6" ball, foam Brand Foam
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Foam flowers: assorted colors in sizes: 1 1/2", 2" and 3" (total 18)
- 6 new, sharpened pencils
- 6 kid’s face photos
- Sour Apple (green) Acrylic Paint (*DecoArt® Americana®)
- Thin Mini Glue Spots (*Elmer's® CraftBond™)
- Circle Cutter (*X-Acto®)
- 1/4" diameter paper punch
- Old pencil or scrap of dowel
- To make flat base, use Foam Cutter to cut 1″ slice off of foam ball. To make a temporary handle for painting ball, insert old pencil or pointed dowel into center of flat base. Paint foam Ball with two light coats Sour Apple. Let dry. Remove handle.
- Use paper punch to make hole in center of six 1 1/2″ diameter flowers. Refer to photo to arrange and use glue spots to attach six flowers to top of ball. Carefully insert pointed end of one pencil vertically into center of one flower. Then insert remaining pencils at slight angles into remaining flowers.
- Plan pencil flowers by placing 2″ flowers centered on 3″ flowers to make a total of six flowers. Use glue spots to attach flower layers.
- Use circle cutter (with center point protector so there is no hole in photo) to cut 1 1/2″ diameter circle around faces in photos. Use glue spots to attach photos to center of flowers.
- Arrange and use glue spots to attach face/flowers to tops of pencils.
*Sources for supplies used in project as photographed
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 386
Stanford, KY 40484
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
One Easton Oval
Columbus, OH 43219