Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- One - 5" wide Desert Foam® Dry Floral Foam Half Ball
- One - 2oz. pkg. Spanish Moss
- One - 2.5 qt. green pitcher
- Two - 14 oz. green tumblers
- Sunflower Stencil
- Checks Stencil
- Four - 3/16" stencil brushes
- Acrylic Paint:
- Dark Chocolate
- Hauser Light Green
- Bright Yellow
- True Ochre
- Tacky Glue
- Twenty-four mini artificial lemons
- Three - 18" sunflower stems with 6" flower heads
- Two votive cups with candles
- Heavy-duty floral cutter
- Masking tape
- Paper plates
- Paper towels
- Cotton swabs
Tips on stenciling: Before stenciling, practice on scrap paper. Squeeze a puddle of paint onto a paper plate. Use a separate brush for each color. To load brush, dip into paint and work into brush with a swirling motion. Plan to start with lighter colors and shade with darker colors. Pounce brush on dry side of paper plate until only a touch of paint is left on brush. (Brush should never be wet and sloppy.) A more intense color is achieved by repeated pouncing rather than by using more paint. Use a stippling or pouncing motion with a dry stencil brush.
- Wash pitcher and glasses with warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Tape sunflower stencil to pitcher with base of stem close to bottom and follow “stenciling tips.” Stencil Hauser Light Green for stems and leaves. Stencil True Ochre for flower petals. Stencil flower center with brown and add highlights to center by tapping gently with a little True Ochre. Use brown paint to shade outside of flower petals and around leaves and stem. Use Bright Yellow to add highlights to flower petals. Repeat process with other tumblers.
- Tape checks stencil 1/2″ from top of pitcher. Fill with brown paint and use gold to highlight center of squares. Move stencil as needed to complete pattern.
- Place lemons into pitcher and top with half ball floral foam.
- Trim sunflowers to desired varying heights to create a graduated arrangement.
- Apply glue to foam and cover with Spanish Moss.
- Place votive cups and candles into each tumbler.