Sunshine & the Orbiters
Skill Level: Beginner
- Glue the eyes to the upper portion of each of the planets. Be sure to glue larger eyes to the larger planets and smaller eyes to the smaller planets.
- To make the arms, cut 2 black, chenille stems to the appropriate length for each planet. Bend a loop for the hand in one end then insert opposite end about ½” into the planet as shown. Use white tacky glue to secure.
- To make the feet, repeat steps for making the arms for the 5 smallest planets. Make the loops in the end of the stems a little bigger to help them stand. The 4 larger planets’ and the sun’s feet are cut from the black craft foam sheet. Cut feet that are the appropriate size for each planet and glue in place as shown.
- “Accordion-fold” the yellow, chenille stems then glue them around the outside edge of the sun as shown.
- Cut the wood dowels in half (included in the Solar System Kit) and insert into the backs of the planet pals to create puppets for an educational puppet show.
- Glue fish line to the tops of the planet pals and hang them from the ceiling in orbit.
- Make small, paper signs, attached to toothpicks, for the planet pals to hold. Example: “Hi, I’m Pluto!”