Turkey ‘Refrigerator’ Magnet
Skill Level: Beginner
- foam Brand Foam:
- Ball: 3”
- Felt: brown, orange and red
- Pompom: 1” brown (head)
- Black Beads: 3mm (2)
- Chenille Stem: orange
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- For the body; cut the 3” ball in half. The ball will create two turkeys; you can give one as a gift or set aside a half ball for a future project.
- Cut a 3” circle from the brown felt and lay over the rounded side of the half ball. Pull the edges of the felt tightly around to the back of the ball and glue in place.
- Glue the head (brown pompom) in place about 1” down from the top of the body.
- For the eyes, glue the black beads in place (See photo below for placement)
- Cut a small triangle from the orange felt and glue in place for the beak. Cut a small oval from the red felt and glue in place for the wattle.
- Glue the feathers fanned out to the back of the ball for the tail; glue a few tiny feathers around the turkey’s neck.
- Shape a small foot in the end of a piece of chenille stem. Bend the stem up and cut about 2” for the leg. Repeat for the second leg and glue to the back of the ball.
- Glue the magnet to the back of the ball.