Faux Succulent and Thistle Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® DryFōM®:
- (1) 2.8" x 3.8" x 7.8" Brick -- Green
- 6” Oblong Container
- (5) Hens and Chicks Succulents
- (2) Thistle Spray Stems
- (2) Mini Bright Green Sedum
- Wire Cutters
- Sharp Straight Edge Knife
- Cut the dry foam brick to fit snug in the container with about 1.5” above the lip of the container. If the foam does not fit snug, cut pieces of foam to wedge in around the container until it is secure. This extra foam at the top allows you to insert stems horizontally into the foam, allowing some of the succulents and thistle to hang over the edge of the container.
- Cut a succulent stem to about 2” and insert it into the front left of the foam horizontally — allowing the succulent to hang over the front corner. Cut another succulent stem to about 2” and insert it into the front right of the foam angling up. Insert another succulent into the top center of the foam. Turn the container around and insert two more succulents opposite of where they are inserted on the other side.
- Insert the thistle horizontally on either side of the container and fill between the succulents for fun texture.
- Insert the sedum in between the succulents and the thistle to add that bright green color throughout the arrangement.