Skill Level: Beginner
- One - Desert Foam® half-sphere or sphere
- Design It® Floral Wire
- Design It® Wire Cutter
- One - Grapevine wreath*
- Permanent flowers and foliage
- Grape Clusters
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Helpful Hints
- Flower accents on a single side of a wreath help amplify the texture of the grapevine.
- You can also use a wreath of foam Brand Foam or natural straw*
1. Select half sphere of dry foam or cut a dry foam sphere in half. Place two wires completely through half sphere, about 1/2 inch from flat back of sphere. Keep wires one to two inches apart. Wrap wires around wreath and tie securely.
HINT: Use wired foam instead of hot gluing flowers directly to the wreath–then you can change the arrangement with the seasons.
HINT: Foliage bushes are a great value. Simply trim the stems away from the main stem. Use individual stems in your flower design.
3. Secure focal flowers with hot glue for added security. Use wire to attach grape clusters to wreath.
HINT: For added realism, wire grapes once at the top and mid-section of the bunch. Attach grapes to the lower portion of the wreath so they hang naturally, as if on the vine.
4. Continue adding focal, line and filler flowers, securing them in place using hot glue. Select coordinating ribbon and cut into one to two foot lengths and place into your wreath using the ribbon setting technique.
HINT: Add butterflies with hot glue to create a sense of whimsy. Personalize your wreath with birds, nests or other favorite items!