Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® DryFōM®:
- (1) 8" Half-Ball - Green
- One - Grapevine wreath*
- Permanent Plowers and Foliage
- Grape Clusters
- 1" Ribbon:
- Blue Striped
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Wire
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Select the half-ball of dry foam or cut a dry foam ball in half. Place two wires completely through half sphere, about 1/2 inch from the flat back of the sphere. Keep wires one to two inches apart. Wrap wires around the wreath and tie securely.
HINT: Use wired foam instead of hot gluing flowers directly to the wreath–then you can change the arrangement with the seasons.
2. Cut permanent foliage stems and place them into the foam. Curve stems to match the curve of the wreath. Leave some areas of the wreath exposed for a more dramatic design.
HINT: Foliage bushes are a great value. Simply trim the stems away from the main stem. Use individual items in your flower design.
3. Secure focal flowers with hot glue for added security. Use wire to attach grape clusters to the wreath.
HINT: For added realism, wire grapes once at the top and mid-section of the bunch. Attach grapes to the lower portion of the wreath so they hang naturally, as if on the vine.
4. Continue adding focal, line, and filler flowers, securing them in place using hot glue. Select coordinating ribbon and cut into one to two-foot lengths and place into your wreath using the ribbon setting technique.
HINT: Add butterflies with hot glue to create a sense of whimsy. Personalize your wreath with birds, nests, or other favorite items!