Icy Winter Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® DryFōM®:
- 7 7/8" Half Ball
- 2 1/2" x 1 1/2 yds. Wired Burlap Ribbon
- 5" x 1 yd. Burlap Garland
- (5) 1 1/2" Mini-Apples - Red
- 8" x 8" x 6 1/2" Tin Bucket with Handle - Gray
- 3" x 1 yd. Denim or Cotton Fabric - Cream
- 48" Iced Branch - Brown
- (3) 27" Cedar Sprays - Green
- (3) 9" Iced Berry Bushes - Bright Green
- 3 1/2" Pine Cone with Snow Pick
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutter
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Place foam half ball, flat side up in metal bucket, using glue gun to attach rounded surface to bottom. Press in place until firmly set.
- Use floral shears to cut 3″ x 1 yd. cream-colored fabric. Fray 1/2″ on both long edges by pulling and removing threads, one at a time. Wrap around middle of bucket, trimming so that ends just overlap at center back. Spot glue in a few places to hold. With 1 1/2 yd. length wired burlap ribbon, scrunch to wrinkle ribbon (wire will hold it in place). Similarly, wrap around middle of fabric, overlapping at center back and spot gluing to hold.
- Use wire cutter to cut iced branch into approximately 18″, 17″ 16″, 15″ and 12″ lengths. With bucket front facing you, arrange branches, beginning with tallest at back left of bucket, to shortest at right front corner. Press them into foam. Trim cedar sprays into 12″ lengths and arrange, fanned all across back half of bucket, among iced branches. Fill in front half of bucket with 9″ long berry bushes, allowing them to extend over edge of bucket.
- Insert pine cone at angle in center, with three red apples spot glued near it. Use floral shears to cut three 5″ squares burlap garland and three 2″ x 5″ rectangles. Fray edges. Pinch one end and randomly insert each into arrangement. Spot glue as needed. Display on remaining 12″ length burlap garland with frayed ends. Accent with two apples placed beside bucket.