BFF Floral Heart Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM® or FloraCraft® FloraFōM®:
- (2) 2” x 12” x 18” Block White or Green
- Poppy Bushes - Coral
- Mini Rose Bushes - Cream
- Dusty Miller Bushes
- Lambs Ear Stems
- 6” Pre-Cut Letters
- Spray Paint:
- 18” Open Heart Template (Online or Hand-Drawn)
- FloraCraft® FōM Cutter
- Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Rubber Gloves
- Drop Cloth
1. Hand-draw your heart shape or find a template online. Trace the template onto the foam. TIP: Only cut out half of the heart at a time and nest the sides together on the sheet for less waste and a larger-sized heart. Use a low temp glue gun to secure the two halves together.
2. Lay out a drop cloth in a well-ventilated area. Use rubber gloves and hold the can 12-14 inches away from the foam to prevent melting the foam. Spray the foam with light coats of pink and allow for drying in between coats until you reach your desired shade. It may take several coats to achieve a darker shade. Once dry, spray a fine mist of the white spray paint lightly over top to give it a weathered look.
3. Lay the heart on its side where it naturally wants to set. Arrange the BFF letters across the bottom section of the heart as show and glue in place to secure.
4. Use the wire cutters to cut the stems of the poppies to about 1.5”. Insert the stems of the poppies into the foam evenly spaced on the top left side and the bottom section under the letters for pops of color.
5. Cut the stems of the mini roses to about 1.5” and insert them into the foam to fill in between the poppies for some contrast.
6. Cut small clusters of dusty miller and lamb’s ear and fill in and add texture around the flowers.