Bronze Dinner Centerpiece
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® DryFōM®:
- 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8" Brick
- 6" X 6 yds. Decorative Mesh - Bronze
- 8" x 5 1/2" Ceramic Container - White
- (2) Aster Mum Mixed Bouquets - Red/Orange
- Foam Cutter
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Floral Wire
- Floral Picks
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Use foam cutter to trim foam brick to fit inside container. Hot glue on bottom to hold.
- Use wire cutter to cut apart and separate flowers and leaf stems from one Aster Mum bouquet, leaving stems as long as possible. (Wait to cut apart other bouquet until you’re arranging and can see how many more flowers are needed.)
- Separate flowers by color. Start by randomly inserting largest flowers of same color all around container. (Note: Insert stems into Brick so they radiate out from center, and trim flowers closest to container edges to create a curved dome-look to the arrangement. Continue by randomly inserting the next smaller sized, same color, flowers, all over the arrangement. Finish with any additional flowers. Keep leaf stems long so they extend 1 – 2″ above flowers.
- Use Floral Shears to cut nine 12″ lengths Bronze Decorative Mesh. Fold one in half, lengthwise and then in half widthwise, bringing ends together. (Note: This makes an approximately 3″ wide x 6″ long loop. Roll or scrunch ends and wrap with wire of one Floral Pick, tightly securing Mesh loop to Pick. (Use additional Floral Wire if needed to tightly secure.) Repeat with other Mesh lengths. Randomly insert all around arrangement, leaving space at center front for bow. (Note: If mesh loop does not extend out long enough, add another pick to the end of the first by tightly binding with the wire.)
- For multi-loop bow, fold 2 yds. Mesh in half lengthwise and then loop back and forth with 8″ long loops. Then bind in middle of loops with Floral Wire. (Now each bow loop will be about 4″ long.)
- For tails, fold 1 yd. length Mesh in half lengthwise, bind in middle with wire and secure to under side of loops with wire on a Pick. Insert pick into Brick at front. Use Floral Shears to V-notch ends of Mesh.