Burlap Bag Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® DryFōM®:
- (4) 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8" Bricks
- 26" x 28" - Olive Green
- 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" - Tan
- (8) 3/8" Bronze Upholstery Tacks
- 3" Chipboard Letter of Your Choice
- Calking Ink - Amaretto Brown
- 3 1/4 yds. Natural Twine
- (2) 33" Eucalyptus Bushes - Rust
- (2) 18" Eucalyptus Pods - Burnt Orange
- (4) 36" Twigs - Brown
- (2) 3" Pumpkins - Orange
- Wire Cutter
- 12" Metal Ruler
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Large-eyed Upholstery Needle
- Stack FloraCraft® DryFōM® bricks together to form a 7 7/8″ wide x 7″ tall x 5 1/4″ deep block and use a glue gun to attach.
- With the entire length of twine threaded through a large-eyed needle, make a (single strand) running stitch, 3″ in from outside edges of 26″ x 28″ olive green burlap. (Note: Use one continuous length of twine for gathering.)
- Place foam block in the center of the burlap. (Position block according to size given in Step 1.) Gently pull twine and help burlap gather around the block. Distribute gathers toward sides, keeping burlap flat at front and back. At corners, tuck excess burlap to inside. On the back, tie twine ends into a knot to hold. Trim ends.
- Referring to the photo, make a floral arrangement by inserting Eucalyptus bushes first, letting branches drape over the sides of the burlap-covered block. Left of middle, insert Eucalyptus pods and twigs. Use wire cutters to trim stems to lengths as needed. Position and use a glue gun to attach pumpkin to the top left corner of the block.
- Fray 1/2″ around edges of 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ tan burlap. Ink surface and edges of chipboard letter. With the burlap horizontal on a work surface, use a glue gun to attach a letter to the burlap. Glue to the center front.
- Referring to the photo, vertically insert four upholstery tacks along each left and right front edge. Tack glue in place if needed. For display, place a second pumpkin on the table to the right front of the arrangement.