Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- One 2-5/8" x 3-3/4" Desert Foam® Green Dry Floral Foam Mug Plug
- small amount Spanish Moss
- 6-1/2" tall bisque (unglazed) ceramic vase
- Acrylic Paint: Wisteria, Mint Julep, Baby Blue, Taffy Cream,
- Warm White
- Acrylic Spray Sealer, Matte
- 12" x 12" Butterfly scrapbook vellum paper
- Tacky Glue
- Flat Stain Paint Brush
- One Stem lavender flowers
- Two Stems purple wild blossoms
- One Stem lavender daisy
- One Stem cream baby's breath
- One Stem purple pansy
- Masking Tape
- Heavy-duty floral cutter
- Paper towels or garbage bags (to protect work area)
- Prepare work area with plastic garbage bags or paper towels before painting. Wash pot and wipe with paper towel. (No need to wait to dry before painting.)
- Mix each color of paint with white in a ratio of 2/3 color, 1/3 white. Paint bands of color on pot according to photo.
- When paint is dry, spray with matte sealer and let dry.
- Place floral foam into pot. Note: flowers will be inserted from tallest to shortest. Trim “lavender” stem to 18″ and insert into center back of floral foam.
- Trim one purple wild blossom to 14″ and the other to 10″. Insert both into center of foam on either side of “lavender” stem to create a graduated arrangement.
- Trim stem of baby’s breath to 12″ and insert in front of arrangement.
- Trim daisy stem to 9″ and insert in front of arrangement.
- Trim pansy stem to 7″ and insert in front of arrangement.
- Apply glue to foam and cover with Spanish Moss.
- Cut butterflies from vellum. Fold butterflies along center of body. Use glue to randomly attach butterflies to flowers and pot.