Floral Centerpiece with Permanent Botanicals
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® FloraFōM®:
- (1) 2” x 4” x 18” Block -- Green
- Permanent Botanicals:
- (3) Bushes Seeded Eucalyptus
- (3) Bunches Cedar Branches
- (2) Large Bushes Peony Cream
- (2) Large Bushes Peony Pink
- (3) Large Bushes Roses Blush
- (6) Stems Alstroemeria Blush or Similar Filler Stems
- (6) Stems Hops Cream
- (2) Tall Glass Vases as Flower Stand (Optional)
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Floral Tape (Optional)
- Start by creating the shape of the arrangement. Cut apart the eucalyptus bushes to the lengths needed to create the height and width of your arrangement first. If you’re using the tall glass vases, you might want to place the foam temporarily on the vases for this part so you can see how far you would like the florals to trail on either side. Once you get the basic shape, you will probably want to place the foam on a more secure stand to finish the design. Continue adding eucalyptus to help define the primary form of the arrangement.
- Add the roses around the entire arrangement in clusters of three. Insert the roses tight into the arrangement. Insert a little longer rose at either end to pull that color out to the ends.
- Add the peonies around the entire arrangement. Insert the peonies at different levels to add dimension to the design. Tuck some down with the roses but let some extend past the roses as shown. Insert longer peonies to extend out the ends.
- Cut apart the Alstroemeria or similar filler stems and insert them to fill in around the entire arrangement.
- Cut apart the hops stems and insert longer stems to trail down on the ends of the arrangement. Cut lengths of hops and insert equally spaced into the arrangement extending out from the florals to add movement and more dimension.
- Cut apart the cedar branches and insert them throughout the arrangement to add texture and interest to the design.
- Use any remaining filler and greenery to conceal the foam on the underside of the arrangement.
TIP: Use floral clay tape to secure the foam to the glass vases.