Funky Chunky Florals
Skill Level: Beginner
- Make It: Fun®
- Project Bricks, approx. 170
- Foam Rod, 2” diameter x 5" long, white
- Several sheets of scrap Foam (to hold bricks while painting)
- Design It:®
- 6 1/2" diameter x 8" tall clear plastic paint can
- Design Master® ColorTool® Spray Color:
- Flat White, Orange, Turquoise and Olive Bright
- Two 12" tall floral bushes of green daisies
- Four 4" diameter orange daisies
- Queen Ann lace spray, white
- Box of toothpicks
- Orange cardstock, 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" per place card
- Green chevron print grosgrain ribbon, 5/8" wide x 2 1/2" length per place card
- Medium point, black felt-tip marker
- Old newspapers
- Glue gun and glue sticks
For Floral Arrangement:
- Prepare Project Bricks to be sprayed by inserting toothpicks into the ends of them and setting the other ends into the scrap Foam. Place them about 1″ apart in rows. (Ideally, equally divide Bricks into four groups, with each group being placed on its own scrap Foam.)
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray all four groups white, first. Let dry. Then spray each of the four groups one of the four colors (orange, green and blue – giving the white group a second coat of white.) Let dry.
- Use Foam Cutter to cut Foam Rod to 5″ length. Hot glue end of Rod to bottom center of bucket. (This provides a way to support the flower stems and fills the core so that fewer Project Bricks are needed.)
- Begin dropping painted Bricks into bucket, all around Foam Rod, taking turns with the four colors to evenly distribute. Fill Bricks to top of Rod.
- Insert two green daisy bushes into center of Rod. Add orange daisies in among the green. Then use Floral Shears to trim Queen Ann lace into 8″ lengths and insert among flowers to fill in. Continue to fill rest of bucket with painted Project Bricks, but saving enough Bricks to make place cards.
For Place cards:
- Glue together two same-color Project Bricks, side-by-side for a stable base. Glue three more Bricks on top of one other, at angles. Insert tooth pick in top Brick. Repeat to make as many place cards as needed.
- Use Floral Shears to cut 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ cardstock for each place card. Staple a folded 2 1/2″ length ribbon to one short side. Write name and then hot glue to top of toothpick. Arrange with color-coordinated tablecloth, paper plates, napkins and plastic utensils.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306