Garden Fence Planter
Skill Level: Beginner
- Use the serrated knife to cut twelve 2” wide by 12” tall strips from the 1” foam sheet. Cut four 1” wide by 12” long and seven 1” wide by 6” long strips to be used as fence post supports.
- Trace the fence post pattern onto cardstock and cut out. Pin the pattern to the top of each 2” x 12” strip and cut out using the StyroCutter® Plus. Follow the package instructions carefully. Continue re-using the pattern with each 2” x 12” post.
- Use a craft stick, chopstick or dull pencil to carve the wood grain marks into the posts, as shown. Paint all the fence posts and post supports brown. Be sure to get the paint into the wood grain marks. Let dry. Brush all the fence posts and post supports with white paint for an aged white wash look. Use the white paint over the brown letting the brown show through. Let dry.
- Lay two 12” long fence supports parallel on the table 2 ½” apart. Evenly space five fence posts across the supports. The two end posts should hang over the edge of the support 1”; this is where the 6” long supports will attach at the end. Glue the fence posts in place and repeat with the other two 12” supports and five more fence posts.
- Lay two 6” supports parallel on the table 2 ½” apart and center a fence post in the middle. Repeat with two more 6” supports and the last post. Glue posts in place.
- Stand the fence up and securely glue the supports from the 6” end piece onto the corner post. Repeat gluing on the other end piece. Now glue on the other side. Turn the fence box upside down and glue the last three 6” supports across the bottom of the box. Glue them behind the three middle fence posts so they can’t be seen from the front. This gives the box added support.
- Cut 1” off the 12” side of the green block so that it measures 5”x12”. Glue moss to all sides of the block. Lay mossed block into fence box.
- Cut the hydrangeas from the bush and push the stems evenly spaced into the block just peeking over the fence posts. Cut a few lengths of ivy from the bush and push into the block peeking out from between the fence posts here and there.