Glass & Burlap Decor
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® DryFōM®:
- 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8" Brick
- 3" x 3" x 12" Clear Glass Vase
- 44" Burlap Garland
- (2) 4" Green Spider Mum-type Stems
- (2) White Dendrobium Bud stems (Or Small White Flowers on Stems)
- 4" x 8" Raw-Linen or Natural Fabric - Cream Color
- 36" x 1/4" Twine - Natural Color
- 1/2" Leather Button - Brown
- Foam Cutter
- Wire Cutter
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Metal Ruler
- Use foam cutter to trim foam brick to 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ x 7 7/8″.
- Measure and cut 4″ square from burlap garland and set aside for flower. Starting at the bottom, wrap burlap around brick, slightly overlapping with each wrap. Allow approx. 3″ of burlap to extend beyond the top edge of the brick. Insert burlap-covered brick into a vase and arrange top burlap so that it drapes over the top edge.
- Referring to the photo, make a floral arrangement by inserting Dendrobium stems into brick at the center back of the vase. (Note: Use a wire cutter to trim stems as necessary.) Trim Spider Mum stems to the desired length and insert stems in front of Dendrobium stems.
- Use scissors to cut two 4″ circles from linen fabric. With the first circle, make a spiral cut toward the center. To make a flower, start at the circle center, twist and roll a spiral to form a flower, using a glue gun to secure as needed. Repeat to make a second flower.
- For burlap flower, pinch-pleat center of 4” square and use hot glue to hold in place. Glue button to flower center.
- About 3″ from the top, wrap twine twice around the vase and tie the knot. Referring to photo, position and glue flowers to vase.