Glass & Burlap Decor
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Design It:® SimpleStyle® Burlap Garland, 44" length
- Design It:® Desert Foam®, 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8" Brick
- Foam Cutter
- 6.5" Wire Cutter
- 3" x 3" x 12" clear glass vase (rectangular shape)
- Two 4" diameter green Spider Mum-type stems
- Two white Dendrobium bud stems (or small white flowers on stems)
- 4" x 8" piece cream-color, raw-linen or natural fabric
- 36" length of 1/4" diameter natural-color twine
- 1/2" diameter brown leather button
- 8" scissors
- 12" metal ruler
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Use Foam Cutter to trim Desert Foam® Brick to 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ x 7 7/8″.
- Measure and cut 4″ square from burlap garland and set aside for flower. Starting at bottom, wrap burlap around Brick, slightly overlapping with each wrap. Allow approx. 3″ of burlap to extend beyond top edge of brick. Insert burlap-covered brick into vase and arrange top burlap so that it drapes over top edge.
- Referring to photo, make floral arrangement by inserting Dendrobium stems into Brick at center back of vase. (Note: Use Design It:® Wire Cutter to trim stems as necessary.) Trim Spider Mum stems to desired length and insert stems in front of Dendrobium stems.
- Use scissors to cut two 4″ circles from linen fabric. With first circle, make a spiral cut toward center. To make flower, starting at circle center, twist and roll spiral to form flower, using glue gun to secure as needed. Repeat to make second flower.
- For burlap flower, pinch-pleat center of 4” square and use hot glue to hold in place. Glue button to flower center.
- About 3″ from top, wrap twine twice around vase and tie knot. Referring to photo, position and glue flowers to vase.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431