Harvest Pods Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Design It:® :
- Silks & Naturals® Desert Foam®, 7 7/8" Half Ball
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutter
- 11" diameter x 7 1/2" tall unfinished (raw) wood bucket
- Design Master® ColorTool™ Spray Color: Orange and Glossy Wood Tone
- Two 33" length green and orange Eucalyptus leaves
- 30" length long brown spiral twig
- 19" length dark green grass bunch
- Two 18" length burnt orange Eucalyptus pods
- Four 13" length laurel berry sprays
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cardboard box (for spraying)
- Old newspapers
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside box) lightly spray bucket two coats Orange. Then mist with Glossy Wood Tone to darken. Let dry.
- Place Silks & Naturals™ Desert Foam® Half Ball, flat side up in wood bucket, using glue gun to attach rounded surface to bottom. Press in place until firmly set.
- Insert dark green grass bunch in center of ball.
- Use Wire Cutter to cut tall spiral twig in half and insert on either side of grass. Trim blunt end to point.
- Also insert 18″ Eucalyptus on either side of grass. Use Wire Cutter to cut apart laurel berry sprays and insert leaves and pods, separately, throughout whole arrangement.
- Cut apart Eucalyptus leaf sprigs and randomly insert. (Note: There is no “front”, so keep turning arrangement as you add florals, so that it looks good from all sides.)
- Refer to photo to check arrangement so that it’s flowing from tall in center to shorter all around bucket. Adjust as needed. Allow some leaves to extend over side of bucket. Tip: if desired, lightly mist entire arrangements with Glossy Wood Tone, to blend colors.