Modern Lines Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
- 5" x 5" x 6" paper mache box
- 12" x 12" stripe scrapbook paper
- 12" x 12" navy cardstock
- 12" x 12" tan cardstock
- Desert Foam® Sage dry floral foam brick*
- 1 pkg. naturals floral moss*
- Glue stick*
- Tacky glue*
- Copper Fusion and October Brown spray paint*
- Pop-up glue dots*
- 41" length of 1" wide olive green ribbon
- 4" length of 3/8" wide tan ribbon
- Approx. 30 pieces of wood reeds, at least 16" tall
- 1-1/2" tall metal word: "enjoy"
- Paper trimmer
- Serrated knife
- Floral cutter
- Cut and glue stripe paper. Cut two strips from stripe paper measuring 3″ x 12″. Position strips (end to end) around center of box and attach with glue stick.
- Cut and glue navy cardstock. Cut four strips from navy cardstock measuring 2″ x 12″. Similarly, position strips around top and bottom of box, slightly overlapping stripe paper and attach with glue stick.
- Cut and glue tan cardstock. Cut four strips from tan cardstock measuring 1 1/2″ x 12″. Similarly, center strips on top of navy cardstock and attach with glue stick.
- Cut and glue olive green ribbon. Cut ribbon into two 20 1/2″ lengths. Center ribbon on top of tan cardstock and glue with glue stick.
- Insert floral foam. Using serrated knife, cut foam brick in half. Position both pieces (side by side) into bottom of box and glue with tacky glue.
- Insert moss and wood reeds. Cut wood reed to approx. 15″. Insert into floral foam, making six rows of five reeds per row. Use floral moss to fill in and around reeds. Secure moss with tacky glue.
- Spray and attach metal word. In a well-ventilated area, spray paint metal word, using a light coat of both Copper Fusion and October Brown. Let dry. Attach tan ribbon to metal word. Center metal word on stripe paper and attach with pop-up glue dots.
*The following products were used for this project: FloraCraft® Desert Foam® Green Dry Floral Foam Bricks and Naturals Floral Moss • Glue Dots® International Pop-up Glue Dots® • Design Master® Color Tool® Spray Color • Elmer’s® Craft Bond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick and Tacky Glue.