Moss Monogram Décor
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® FloraFōM®:
- (3) 2”x 12” x 18” Blocks – Green
- Floral Sheet Moss – Green
- Assorted Faux Mini Florals
- Assorted Faux Mini Greenery
- Clean-Kut® FōM Cutter or Serrated Edge Blade
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Trace or draw your letters onto the three foam sheets with a marker.
- If using a serrated knife or hand saw to cut out the shape, pin the template to the foam and use a marker to trace the template onto the foam. Be sure to hold the blade at a 90-degree angle to the face of the foam to ensure you get a straight edge. Use a sawing motion, and let the teeth of the blade do the work. Use the scrap pieces of foam as sanding blocks to smooth away any uneven edges.
- TIP: If using the Clean-Kut® FōM Cutter, use thicker cardstock as a template. This allows you to run the foam cutter along the edge as a guide for a smooth, even cut. Pin your template securely to the foam. Use short sequin pins to keep them from pushing through the other side of the foam. When pinning, be sure to pin straight down into the foam through the template. If the pins are at an angle, you will run into them with the foam cutter and not have a clean straight edge.
- Read the instructions included in the Clean-Kut® packaging before starting. Turn on the tool by twisting the black collar at the base of the blade and allow it to heat up. Pierce the blade straight into the foam next to the template edge. Keep the blade at a 90-degree angle to the top of the foam while cutting. Always keep the blade moving, as stopping the blade too long will burn the foam. If you need to stop, pull the blade out while you stop and then reinsert it to continue cutting. Don’t push too hard on the blade. If the blade is bending, you are pushing too hard. Let the tool do the work using the edge of the cardstock template as a guide.
- Glue moss to cover the front and sides of the three letters. Use the scissors to help shape and trim around the edges.
- Use the wire cutters to trim the stems of the florals to about 1.5”. Insert the stems into the foam, securing them in place with glue. Glue in the floral accents around the letters as desired.
- Trim the stems of greenery and insert them into the foam to fill in around the florals.
- TIP: To make a hanger on the back of each letter, trace a plastic bottle cap centered about 2” down from the top of each letter. Use a small knife to carve out a hole that is just slightly smaller than the plastic cap and equally as deep as the cap. Add a little glue to the hole and press the bottle cap into the hole. Place the cap over a nail to hang.