Pomegranate Fall Decor
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Design It:®
- Silks & Naturals® Desert Foam® Half Ball 7 7/8" diameter
- Spanish Moss, natural
- Pomegranate, two 3" diameter
- 9 1/2" diameter x 4 1/2" tall distressed wood (or composite material) bowl, brown or gray
- 7" diameter magnolia, tan
- 27" length pepperoma leaf bush (with cat tails, feathers and assorted greens)
- 30" – 40" twig spray, brown
- Three 15" pepper berry bush
- FloraCraft® Design It:® Floral Shears
- basic supplies: glue gun and glue sticks
- Place foam half ball, centered in bowl with round side up. Hot glue edges of half ball to (inside) sides of bowl.
- Use floral shears to cut apart pepperoma bush parts (cattails, feathers, greens). Leave front of ball half undecorated for now and work on back half of ball. Starting at top center, insert two cattails. On either side of those, insert berries and leaves. Finish with remaining parts of bush so that they are at top center, slightly fanned out to the sides and toward the back. Fill in rest of back with pepper berry bush stems.
- Trim twigs so that they extend up above cattails from 4″ – 10″ taller and insert them behind cattails. Also insert feathers to fill in any empty areas among the twigs.
- Hot glue magnolia slightly off center to the left and bring other leaves around to meet petals and fill in arrangement. In front, hot glue two pomegranates to left side, Fill in with small parts of pepper berry bush stems around them, at the rim of the bowl in the front and in the back.
- Fill all around edges of bowl and pomegranates with Spanish moss. Tuck in and dot with hot glue anywhere it’s needed to cover the foam half ball.