Repurposed Coffee Pot
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Design It: Silks and Naturals® Desert Foam® Brick, 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" x 7 7/8"
- Design It:® Raffia
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Design It:® Wire Cutter
- Sphagnum Moss
- 8 1/2" tall, 9” diameter, old coffeepot
- Two 20" long fall bushes
- Scrapbook paper with pumpkin images (Colorbok® TPC Studio™)
- Amaretto (reddish brown) chalking ink (Quick Quotes)
- Foam mounting tape (Elmer's® CraftBond™)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Use Foam Cutter to cut Desert Foam® Brick in half to make two 4” bricks. Apply hot glue to short ends and insert into coffeepot.
- Tear out scrapbook pumpkin images by tearing toward you, so that torn edge shows more. Follow around edges of pumpkins and leaves for a more natural silhouette. For best results tear a continuous strip rather than small pieces from the paper. “Age” torn edges by rubbing chalking ink downward, along edges. (Note: Practice on torn scrap paper first – can also darken surface of pumpkins, too, if desired.)
- Referring to photo, position and use multiple layers of foam mounting tape to attach pumpkins to side of coffee pot (so that spout and handle will still show when viewed from front).
- Insert stems of fall bushes into Desert Foam® Brick and bend branches to shape. Curl ends of any stems that extend straight out. Use Wire Cutter to trim any ends that are too long. Bend and arrange flowers where desired. (Hint: Snip off flowers and reposition among leaves as needed. Then remove, dab ends with hot glue and nestle back among leaves.)
- Fill in top of coffeepot with Sphagnum Moss to cover Brick. Let moss flow over side as much as desired.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
110 Parkland Plaza
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
2635 Jackson Hwy.
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082