Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® FloraFōM®:
- (1) 18" x 12" x 1" Sheet - Green
- (2) 4" Balls - Green
- (5) 3" Balls - Green
- (1) Cube (Sized to Fit Inside the Watering Can)
- Watering Can
- 5/8" Ribbon - Yellow
- 3/8" Ribbon - Black
- (7) 1/4" Dowels
- (3) 1/2" Dowels
- Felt Pieces - Brown, Green, and Black
- Sequins - Black
- Straight Pins - Black
- Glue Dots
Sunflowers & leaves
- Use black straight pins to adhere the black sequins to half of each foam ball.
- Cut yellow ribbon into desired petal length.
- Bring ends of the ribbon together and secure with two pins underneath the ribbon at the base of the sequin line—[NOTE: It is important the ribbon is pinned underneath to not lay flat against the ball.] Continue with ribbon all the way around the sequin line.
- Cover the remaining ball with black felt, securing with black straight pins.
- Cut leaf shapes from green felt. Secure beneath ribbon petals onto the foam ball.
- Apply glue dots along the dowel.
- Wrap black ribbon around the dowel, covering wood.
- Secure the beginning and end of the ribbon with glue do. These dots will not be seen as they will be pushed into the ball.
- Insert Sunflower head onto dowel stem
- From the foam sheet, cut three strips, each measuring 9″ x 2″.
- Using a scrap piece of foam as a sander, sand the corners of the strips until they are rounded. Repeat for the top of the cattail. Make sure there are no straight edges.
- Cut a small, rectangular piece of brown felt and secure it to the top of the cattail with black straight pins.
- With remaining, brown felt, and overlapping the top piece slightly, cover the length of the cattail, securing with black straight pins along the back seam and along the top and bottom.
- Insert the cattail into the large wooden dowel.
- Insert the foam cube into a watering can, cutting down the cube to fit if needed.
- Add sunflowers and cattails by pushing stems into the foam cube.
- Cover base with moss, secure with black straight pins.