Shabby Chic Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
- 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" diameter decorative tin flower pot
- Two - Desert Foam® Sage dry floral foam bricks*
- 1 pkg. Spanish moss*
- Flat White spray paint*
- Glue stick*
- Tacky glue*
- Twelve 19" tall green/peach berry branches
- Two 12" x 12" green scrapbook papers
- Five 2" square wood embellishments*
- Fine sandpaper
- Prepare flower pot. Protect work area with newspapers. In a well-ventilated area, spray paint flower pot and wood pieces white. Let dry. Sand raised areas of pot and wood pieces to distress them.
- Make pattern. Use scrap paper to make pattern needed of flowerpot sides. (Use fingers to press paper onto side, creating indentations along edges.) Cut out paper along indentations. Trace paper pattern onto scrapbook paper. Cut out pieces and use glue stick to attach to sides of flower pot.
- Glue wood embellishments. Use tacky glue to attach wood embellishments to flower pot.
- Insert floral foam. Cut floral foam to fit inside of container. Using tacky glue attach floral foam into flowerpot.
- Insert berry stems. Cut berry stems to desired heights. Insert stems into floral foam. Use Spanish moss to fill in and around stems. Secure moss with tacky glue.
*The following products were used for this project: FloraCraft® Desert Foam® Green Dry Floral Foam Bricks and Spanish Moss • Design Master® Color Tool® Spray Color • Elmer’s® Craft Bond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick and Tacky Glue • Walnut Hollow® Wood Embellishments.