Shanty Chic Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Design It:®
- Silks & Naturals®, Desert Foam® Block, 2 5/8" x 3 7/16 x 3 7/16"
- Foam Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutter
- Rusty coffee can or cylindrical container, 6" diameter x 7" tall
- Twine, 2 1/2 yds.
- Paper tag envelope, 2 3/4" x 4"
- Kraft paper tag with hole, 5" long (width will be trimmed to fit)
- Corrugated kraft paper letters, 7/8" tall (to fit on envelope)
- Hydrangea Bushes, two green, 20" tall (six Hydrangea flowers)
- Natural (miniature) Daisy Bushes, three, 19" tall
- Grass Bushes, three, 14" tall
- Knife Blade spray, two green, 35" tall
- Misc.: Ruler, hole punch, glue gun & glue sticks
- Use Foam Cutter to trim Foam block to fit into coffee can as needed. Hot glue Foam into bottom of can.
- Use Wire Cutter to trim both Knife Blade sprays to 25″ tall. Insert both into center of Foam. Trim three Daisy bushes to 19″ tall. Insert into Foam, evenly spaced, all around Knife Blade sprays. Separate and fluff flowers, as needed.
- In between Daisy bushes, but closer to can rim, insert Baby Grass bushes. Cut apart Hydrangea bushes into individual flowers and randomly insert among Baby Grass bushes, going all around arrangement. Also fluff and arrange Hydrangea leaves among Baby Grass, and so that they extend over rim of can.
- About a third the way down from top of can, wrap twine three times and knot on left side of can. Use Floral Shears to trim ends to 6″. (Wait to knot ends.)
- Hold paper tag envelope with opening on the right. Hole punch close to upper right corner of envelope, going through both layers of envelope. Use letters to write family name, individual name on envelope. Thread one end of twine through envelope hole and tie knot with other end of twine. Then tie knots about 3/4″ from each end of twine and fray ends.
- Trim tag to fit inside envelope so that it slides past twine hole, but allow end of tag to extends out about 1″. (Note: Trim a little off of both long sides of tag so that hole is still centered. Then diagonally trim top corners to re-create tag look.) Thread 8″ length twine through tag hole and knot. Then, similarly knot and fray twine ends. Write message on tag and insert into envelope.