Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® :
- Design It:® Silks & Naturals®, Desert Foam® Block, 2 5/8" x 3 7/16 x 3 7/16"
- Design It:® SimpleStyle® Jute Twine, 2 yds.
- Design It:®
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter
- Sheet moss, green, one sheet
- Phalaenopsis Orchids (with roots), two orange, 18" lengths
- Kraft paper, natural color, approx 18" square
- Aleene's® Tacky Spray™(iLoveToCreate®)
- Misc.: Old newspapers, large cardboard box (for spraying), ruler, toothpicks, paper plate
- Use Foam Cutter to trim off squared edges of block into rounded cube.
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper covered area (inside cardboard box) spray Foam Block with adhesive spray. Insert two toothpicks into either side of Foam Block to be able to hold block to lift out of box. Set block onto paper plate in work area.
- Use fingers to pull a few 4″ – 5″ pieces of sheet moss from sheet. Press pieces onto block so that they overlap enough to cover Foam. Continue adding pieces, nestling them into one another until Foam Block is completely covered. (Remove and discard toothpicks when no longer needed.)
- Wrap twine around mossy Foam Block, going in every direction and finish by tying and knotting each end to a wrapped area.
- Set mossy Foam Block down and see which way it will “set” the best. If necessary, press on it to slightly flatten side chosen as bottom. On top, insert orchids into center of foam, spreading leaves and roots onto Block.
- Use Floral Shears to cut kraft paper to 18″ square. Gently crumple paper without tearing. Then open back up. Display by setting “Spring Blooms” onto paper as though they have just been opened and are ready to transplant.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
A Duncan Enterprises Company
5673 East Shields Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727