Twine Wrapped Vase
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- Make It: Fun® Foam Block, 3" x 4" x 8"
- Design It:® SimpleStyle® Spanish moss, natural
- Design It:®:
- Natural jute twine, approx. 40 yds.
- 4" x 6" x 6" square, clear glass vase
- 44" length natural twig spray
- Three 18" red-orange eucalyptus pod stems
- Pre-made 4" burlap flower accent
- Double-sided carpet tape
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Wrap carpet tape all around bottom of glass vase, but do not remove release paper. Similarly, add a middle row and top row of tape, making sure that entire outside of vase is covered with tape, leaving release paper in place. (Note: Use scissors to trim as needed so that tape doesn’t overlap release paper.)
- Remove top row of release paper. Starting at top back of vase, press end of twine against tape and horizontally wrap around vase, following top edge of tape. Upon reaching the back, go up just far enough to overlap starting end of twine and continue wrapping second row of twine around vase, just under and touching first wrap. Continue working your way down the vase leaving no spaces between wrapped rows and removing release paper as you go. When you get to the end of the twine, end and start again, at the back.
- Use foam cutter to trim foam as needed to fit inside vase. Apply hot glue to inside bottom of vase and set foam in place.
- Use wire cutter to cut apart twig spray, creating shorter sprays that range from 12″ – 24″ long. Starting with tallest lengths at the center and shorter lengths toward the outside, insert sprays.
- Fill all around stems with Spanish moss. Tuck in and dot with hot glue anywhere it’s needed for moss to stay in place. Hot glue burlap flower accent to bottom right of vase front.