Welcome Baby Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun® Foam Block, 1 15/16" x 3 7/8" x 7 7/8" white
- Design It:® :
- ∙ Foam Cutter
- ∙ Wire Cutter
- ∙ Floral Shears
- ∙ SimpleStyle® Jute Twine, 4 yds.
- 5" x 8" x 5 1/2" tall oval metal bucket, white with black accents and handle
- Artificial flowers:
- ∙ Blue Hydrangea Bush
- ∙ F0ur white Lillies of the Valley stems
- ∙ Four white Apple Blossom stems
- ∙ Two white Babies' Breath stems
- 4" x 5" giraffe and lion die-cuts (or stickers or cut from printed paper)
- 12" x 12" blue cardstock to coordinate
- Gift tag of choice
- Two 1/8" diameter x 12" length wood dowels
- Elmer's® CraftBond®:
- ∙ Glue spots, popup medium
- ∙ All purpose glue stick
- X-ACTO® precision tip scissors
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Put handle to front of bucket. Place Foam Block onto rim of bucket with largest side of block to front. Use pencil to mark where block needs to be trimmed to fit. (Note: If bucket tapers, draw pencil line to taper block on both sides.) Use Foam Cutter to trim block. Push block into bucket. Ideally, it should be wedged firmly on right and left sides. If not, hot glue bottom to secure.
- Use Floral Shears to cut apart hydrangea into smaller groups of flowers and insert into Foam, evenly spacing all around, close to rim. (Note: Save leaves for later.)
- Use Wire Cutters to trim bottoms of Apple Blossom stems so that they measure about 12″. Insert those, one at a time, into Foam in center of arrangement, fanning out slightly. Similarly trim Lillies of the Valley stems and insert in among Apple Blossoms, also going down into Foam. Last, add sprigs of Baby’s Breath in among Hydrangea, hot-gluing down inside, among petals if needed to hold.
- Accent around rim of bucket with the saved Hydrangea leaves, hot-gluing among flowers if needed to hold, allowing them to extend over edge of bucket.
- Cut out lion and giraffe. Use glue stick to attach to blue cardstock. Use small scissors to cut out, 1/8 – 1/4″ from edge of animals, leaving blue border. Cut twenty-five 5″ lengths of Twine. Fold one in half and tie overhand knot close to looped end. Fray loose ends. Trim off any excess loop close to the knot. (Wait to trim frayed ends until all are glued to animal.) Hot glue to giraffe along mane area. Repeat with each Twine length, gluing knots side by side, using a total of seven for giraffe mane and one for tail. Trim mane to about 3/4″ long and fluff with fingers. Repeat with Lion, using sixteen for mane and one for tail.
- Hot glue dowel to back of each animal and insert dowels into arrangement. String 12″ length Twine into hole in gift tag and knot. Use glue spot to attach tag to front of bucket at an angle. Then set middles of Twine lengths, over rim and down into bucket just far enough to catch with a glue spot. Bring Twine ends back around to front and let them dangle as an accent.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082