Welcome Baby Arrangement
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1 15/16" x 3 7/8" x 7 7/8" Block - White
- 4 yds. Jute Twine
- 5" x 8" x 5 1/2" Oval Metal Bucket - White
- Artificial flowers:
- Hydrangea Bush - Blue
- (4) Lillies of the Valley Stems
- (4) Apple Blossom Stems = White
- (2) Babies' Breath Stems - White
- 4" x 5" Giraffe and Lion Die-cuts Stickers (or Cut Paper)
- 12" x 12" Cardstock Paper - Blue
- Gift Tag
- (2) 1/8" x 12" Wood Dowels
- Foam Cutter
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Glue Spots - Medium
- All-purpose Glue Stick
- Precision Top Scissors
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Put handle to the front of the bucket. Place Foam Block onto the rim of the bucket with the largest side of the block to the front. Use a pencil to mark where the block needs to be trimmed to fit. (Note: If bucket tapers, draw a pencil line to taper block on both sides.) Use Foam Cutter to trim the block. Push the block into the bucket. Ideally, it should be wedged firmly on the right and left sides. If not, hot glue the bottom to secure.
- Use Floral Shears to cut apart hydrangea into smaller groups of flowers and insert them into Foam, evenly spacing all around, close to the rim. (Note: Save leaves for later.)
- Use Wire Cutters to trim bottoms of Apple Blossom stems so that they measure about 12″. Insert those, one at a time, into Foam in the center of the arrangement, fanning out slightly. Similarly, trim Lillies of the Valley stems and insert in among Apple Blossoms, also going down into Foam. Last, add sprigs of Baby’s Breath in among Hydrangea, hot-gluing down inside, among petals if needed to hold.
- Accent around the rim of the bucket with the saved Hydrangea leaves, hot-gluing among flowers if needed to hold, allowing them to extend over the edge of the bucket.
- Cut out lion and giraffe. Use a glue stick to attach to blue cardstock. Use small scissors to cut out 1/8 – 1/4″ from the edge of animals, leaving a blue border. Cut twenty-five 5″ lengths of Twine. Fold one in half and tie an overhand knot close to the looped end—Fray loose ends. Trim off any excess loop close to the knot. (Wait to trim frayed ends until all are glued to the animal.) Hot glue to giraffe along mane area. Repeat with each Twine length, gluing knots side by side, using a total of seven for giraffe mane and one for the tail—trim mane to about 3/4″ long and fluff with fingers. Repeat with Lion, using sixteen for mane and one for the tail.
- Hot glue dowel to each animal’s back and insert dowels into the arrangement—string 12″ length Twine into the hole in gift tag and knot. Use a glue spot to attach the tag to the front of the bucket at an angle. Then set middles of Twine lengths, over the rim and down into bucket just far enough to catch with a glue spot. Bring Twine ends back around to the front and let them dangle as an accent.