Botanical Silhouette Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1/2" x 12” x 12” Sheet - White
- 12" x 12" Cardstock Paper - Coordinating Color
- 12" x 12" Translucent Paper
- 5/8" x 1 yd Ribbon - Coordinating Color
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
- Cardstock Paper (For Template)
- Craft Knife
- Straight Pins
- Foam Cutter
- StyroCutter® Plus
- Cut the foam sheet in half using the Foam Cutter to measure 6”x12”x ½.” Use the remaining half to create a coordinating piece of wall art or save it for a future project.
- Draw or photocopy a floral silhouette onto a 6”x12” piece of cardstock. Cut out the final shape using a craft knife to create a template. Using straight pins, affix the template to the sheet of foam.
- Using the StyroCutter® Plus and following the package instructions, carefully cut the silhouette from the foam sheet. Cut the vellum (translucent) paper in half. Center and attach the paper to the face of the silhouette panel. Save the remaining half for a coordinating piece of wall art or a future project.
- Cut the colored cardstock paper in half—Center and glue one half to the back of the silhouette panel. Save the remaining half for a coordinating piece of wall art or a future project.
- Glue the ribbon around the outside edge of the wall art keeping the back edge of the ribbon flush with the back edge of the wall art. This allows the front edge of the ribbon to extend past the front edge of the wall art, creating a nice frame for your art.