Botanical Silhouette Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft Products:
- Sheet of STYROFOAM™: 12”x12”x1/2”
- StyroCutter® Plus
- Design it:® Foam Cutter
- DCWV™ Colored Cardstock Paper 12”x12”
- Vellum (Translucent) Paper 12”x12”
- Coordinating Color Berwick Offray™ LLC 5/8” Ribbon -1 yard
- Glue Arts® Glue Glider™ PRO with Perma Tac Cartridge (used for project as shown)
- SUREBONDER® Cool Shot™ Glue Gun and Cool Shot™ Super (used for project as shown)
- Low-Temp Mini Glue Sticks
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
- Cardstock Paper (for template)
- Craft Knife
- Straight Pins
- Using the Foam Cutter, cut the sheet of STYROFOAM* in half to measure 6”x12”x ½”. Use the remaining half to create a coordinating piece of wall art or save for a future project.
- Draw or photocopy a floral silhouette onto a 6”x12” piece of cardstock. Using a craft knife, cut out the final shape to create a template. Using straight pins, affix template to the sheet of STYROFOAM*.
- Using the StyroCutter® Plus, and following the package instructions, carefully cut the silhouette from the sheet of STYROFOAM*. Cut the vellum (translucent) paper in half. Using the Glue Glider™ PRO, center and attach paper to the face of the silhouette panel. Save the remaining half for a coordinating piece of wall art or for a future project.
- Cut the colored cardstock paper in half. Center and glue one half to the back of the silhouette panel. Save the remaining half for a coordinating piece of wall art or for a future project.
- Glue the ribbon around the outside edge of the wall art keeping the back edge of the ribbon flush with the back edge of the wall art. This allows the front edge of the ribbon to extend past the front edge of the wall art, creating a nice frame for your art.