Candy Corn Place Card Holder
Skill Level: Beginner
- *FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- foam Make It: Fun® Cone, 2 3/8" x 3 7/8"
- *3 Coordinating 12" x 12" scrapbook papers from Sunny Bunny™ Collection
- One each: Sunny Bunny Border, Argyle and Scallop Chickadee Die-cut
- 12" length of 18 gauge white wire (Fun Wire™ Toner Plastics, Inc.)
- *Extra Strength Glue Stick (CraftBond™)
- *Foam Mounting Tape (CraftBond™)
- *8" Scissors (X-Acto®)
- *Zig Zag Decorative Edge Scissors (X-Acto®)
- Permanent, black, fine line marker
- Copy paper
- If making own pattern: Make pattern from copy paper. Wrap paper around cone, using pencil to mark where ends overlap. Also trace along bottom of STYROFOAM* cone, onto paper, creating a cutting line. Remove paper and trim along pencil lines. Wrap pattern around cone again and trim as needed. Remove pattern. To make patterns for other color areas of corn, trace whole pattern two more times. Set aside first pattern. With one of the others, divide pattern into thirds by sketching two curved, parallel lines about 1 1/2″ apart. Only cut along top pencil line to make middle pattern (do not cut bottom line). On third pattern, trace or sketch curved bottom pencil line and cut. If using website patterns: Print out and cut out patterns. Check that patterns fit cone before cutting scrapbook paper.
- Use pencil to trace largest pattern onto back of Argyle paper (yellow with orange dots). Use scissors to cut out. Apply glue stick to entire cone and wrap paper around cone, slightly overlapping ends and aligning paper with bottom of cone. Allow top of paper to extend up, toward top of cone.
- At top of cone, cut slits in paper, fold, glue and trim as needed.
- Trace and cut middle-size pattern onto back of Scallop Chickadee Diecut paper (dark orange with light orange dots). Use zig zag scissors to trim along top edge of paper. Wrap paper around cone aligning bottom edges and attach to yellow paper with 1″ strips of foam mounting tape every few inches.
- Similarly, trace and cut small-size pattern onto Sunny Bunny Border paper (light orange with dark orange dots). Use zig zag scissors to trim along top edge of paper. Wrap paper around cone aligning bottom edges and attach to orange paper with 1″ strips of foam mounting tape every few inches.
- Bend top 6″ of 12″ wire piece into spiral design. Wrap remaining 6″ around pencil and insert into top of cone. (Carefully make slit in paper layers with point of scissors. if necessary.) From remaining scrapbook paper, cut a 2″ x 3″ piece. Personalize with guest’s name with marker and insert into wire spiral.
*Sources for product used for project as shown: FloraCraft® www.floracraft.com; The Paper Company™/TPC Studio™ www.tpcstudio.com; Elmer’s® Products, Inc. www.elmers.com
Click on pattern to enlarge: