Candy Corn Place Card Holder
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 2 3/8" x 3 7/8" Cone - White
- (3) 12" x 12" Scrapbook Papers - Coordinating Colors
- 12" of 18 gauge Wire - White
- Glue Stick
- Foam Mounting Tape
- 8" Scissors
- Zig-Zag Decorative Edge Scissors
- Fine Line Permanent Marker - Black
- Copy Paper
- If making your own pattern: Make a pattern from copy paper. Wrap paper around the cone, using a pencil to mark where ends overlap. Also trace along the bottom of the STYROFOAM* cone, onto paper, creating a cutting line. Remove paper and trim along pencil lines. Wrap pattern around cone again and trim as needed. Remove pattern. To make patterns for other color areas of corn, trace the whole pattern two more times. Set aside the first pattern. With one of the others, divide the pattern into thirds by sketching two curved, parallel lines about 1 1/2″ apart. Only cut along the top pencil line to make a middle pattern (do not cut the bottom line). On the third pattern, trace or sketch a curved bottom pencil line and cut. If using website patterns: Print out and cut out patterns. Check that patterns fit the cone before cutting scrapbook paper.
- Use a pencil to trace the largest pattern onto the back of Argyle paper (yellow with orange dots). Use scissors to cut out. Apply glue stick to the entire cone and wrap the paper around the cone, slightly overlapping ends and aligning the paper with the bottom of the cone. Allow the top of the paper to extend up, toward the top of the cone.
- At top of the cone, cut slits in paper, fold, glue, and trim as needed.
- Trace and cut a middle-size pattern onto the back of Scallop Chickadee Diecut paper (dark orange with light orange dots). Use zig-zag scissors to trim along the top edge of the paper. Wrap paper around cone aligning bottom edges and attach to yellow paper with 1″ strips of foam mounting tape every few inches.
- Similarly, trace and cut small-size patterns onto Sunny Bunny Border paper (light orange with dark orange dots). Use zig-zag scissors to trim along the top edge of the paper. Wrap paper around cone aligning bottom edges and attach to orange paper with 1″ strips of foam mounting tape every few inches.
- Bend top 6″ of 12″ wire piece into a spiral design. Wrap the remaining 6″ around a pencil and insert into the top of the cone. (Carefully make a slit in paper layers with the point of scissors. if necessary.) From the remaining scrapbook paper, cut a 2″ x 3″ piece. Personalize with guest’s name with marker and insert into wire spiral.
Click on the pattern to enlarge: