Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1”x12”x 36” Sheet - White
- 2" Ball - White
- Acrylic Paint - Black
- Glitter - Black
- Wooden Plant Stakes
- 4” Clay Pots
- Feathers - Black
- Colored Eyes
- Marker - Black
- Option: Overhead Projector and Transparencies (see Tip)
- Low‐Temp Glue Gun
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Enlarge the image you choose on paper to the desired size and cut it out. Pin the template to the sheet of foam and trace with black marker. Cut out the image with the StyroCutter® Plus, Foam Cutter or serrated knife. For cutting out fine details easier to leave the template pinned to the foam and follow the edge of the paper template creating a straighter line. If using the StyroCutter plus, follow the instructions on the packaging carefully. Do not force the blade; if the blade is bending you are pushing too hard. Let the blade melt through the foam. Use scraps of foam as sanding blocks to smooth edges.
- Paint the silhouettes with black acrylic paint. Before paint dries, sprinkle with black glitter. Attach colored eyes to the silhouettes with low‐temp glue where desired.
- Create stands for the silhouettes. Paint small clay pots black and let dry. Glue a 2” ball inside the pot. Turn the pot upside down and insert the wooden plant stick through the drain hole into the ball. Secure with low‐temp glue. Glue the silhouettes to the tops of the wooden plant stakes.
- Embellish with tufts of black feathers where they attach to the stake.
Tip: An overhead projector can eliminate the need to cut out paper templates. Transfer the image you choose onto the transparency film, project the image directly onto the sheet of foam, and trace the image onto the foam with a black marker.