Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- foam Brand Foam:
- 1” x 12” x 36” Sheet
- 2” x 8” Green Discs
- StyroCutter® Plus
- Spray Paints (Orange and Flat Black)
- Permanent Flowers
- Wood Picks
- White Paper (templates)
- Pin the cutout template shapes to the foam sheet.
- Cut out shapes as instructed on package using the Styro-cutter Plus.
- Paint the foam shapes and bases with foam friendly spray paints. Acrylic paints could also be used. Allow to dry thoroughly before proceeding to Step 4!
- Helpful Hint: Use spray paint in well-ventilated area. Two light coats are preferable to one heavy coat. Using light coats allows for more effective and complete coverage!
- Attach shape to base with 2 double ended wooden picks. Apply StyroGlue to wood picks to create a secure attachment. Cut Permanent Flowers to appropriate length and insert into base. Add Ribbon to flower base by using a wood pick to insert the ribbon into the base, looping it in and out of the arrangement and inserting into the foam as you go.
Design Trick: Creating several small arrangements for a large table, buffet or mantel uses the Breakaway Centerpiece technique. Allowing for smaller pieces to be woven placed or distributed in smaller areas throughout a table-scape. This technique is extremely helpful when a large quantity of food or place settings may be needed on a table.