Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1” x 12” x 36” Sheet - White
- FloraCraft® FloraFōM®:
- 2” x 8” Discs - Green
- Spray Paints:
- Flat Black
- Permanent Flowers
- Wood Picks
- White Paper (templates)
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Pin the cutout template shapes to the foam sheet.
- Cut out shapes as instructed on the package using the Styro-cutter Plus.
- Paint the foam shapes and bases with foam-friendly spray paints. Acrylic paints could also be used. Allow drying thoroughly before proceeding to Step 4!
- Helpful Hint: Use spray paint in a well-ventilated area. Two light coats are preferable to one heavy coat. Using light coats allows for more effective and complete coverage!
- Attach shape to the base with 2 double-ended wooden picks. Apply StyroGlue to wood picks to create a secure attachment. Cut Permanent Flowers to appropriate length and insert them into the base. Add Ribbon to the flower base by using a wood pick to insert the ribbon into the base, looping it in and out of the arrangement and inserting it into the foam as you go.
Design Trick: Creating several small arrangements for a large table, buffet or mantel uses the Breakaway Centerpiece technique. Allowing for smaller pieces to be woven and placed or distributed in smaller areas throughout a table-scape. This technique is extremely helpful when a large quantity of food or place settings may be needed on a table.