Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Discs: 8” and 10”
- Feather Boas: (2) Brown/Multi and (1) White
- White Faux Fur: (9”x 4”)
- (2) Large Silk Mums: White
- Black Witch Hat: (6”)
- (2) Orange Buttons: (1.5”)
- (2) Black Half Round Eyes: 25mm
- Acrylic Paint: Orange/Yellow
- Sequin Pins: ¾”
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Serrated Knife
- Owl Template
- Cut out the face template and pin it to the 8” disc. Use the knife to cut out the template from the foam. Cut a small flat spot off one side of the 10” disc, this is the bottom of the body. Glue the head to the front of the body slightly tilted to one side.
- Glue the orange buttons into the center of the mums. Glue the black eyes into the center of the orange buttons. Glue the mums snug against the foam, centered side by side on the face.
- Use the knife to cut the beak and the feet templates from the scrap piece of foam. Use scrap pieces of foam as sanding blocks to “sand” the edges of the beak and feet smooth. Paint the parts orange/yellow and let dry. Glue the beak to the face centered below the eyes. Glue the feet to the front of the body about 1” apart.
- Pin the faux fur centered down the front of the body draping over the feet. Pin a length of white boa outlining the owl’s eyes and under the beak. Pin lengths of brown boa to cover each side of the body and the top and sides of the head. Pin two small loops of white boa in a “V” shape to the top of the head for the owl’s horns. Pin the hat to the head.