Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- FloraCraft Foam Open Heart (Heart Wreath): three 6" x 6" x 1” thick
- 1/4 yd. of 72" wide felt of each: dark pink and light pink
- Two 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" triangle OR 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" oval (Jumbo) Woodsies™
- Small sprig white glittered Ting Ting (optional)
- Spray glitter (Design Master®) (optional)
- Dark pink acrylic paint (to match felt)
- Approx. thirty 1/8” diameter, self-adhesive, clear gemstones (scrapbooking product)
- 8" scissors (X-ACTO® Tools)
- Hand rotary cutter
- 12" x 24" acrylic ruler
- Self-healing cutting mat
- Needle and (pink) thread
- Paint brush
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Old newspapers
- Using rotary cutter and acrylic ruler on cutting mat, cut two 1″ x 72″ and two 1″ x 16″ strips from light pink; and four 1″ x 72″ and one 1″ x 20″ strip dark pink felt. Set aside short strips for flowers.
- (Note: It takes approx. 1 1/2 strips to wrap each heart.) Use hot glue to attach end of one light pink strip to foam Heart and wrap around heart, slightly overlapping each wind, overlapping a little more around curves. Attach second strip as needed to completely wrap heart. Trim excess length and hot glue end to back. Repeat to cover other two hearts with dark pink felt strips.
- For large dark pink flower, freehand cut approx. 2 1/2″ diameter circle from extra, dark pink felt. With needle and thread, sew 1/2“ long basting stitches, approx. 1/8″ away from one long edge of 1″ x 20″ dark pink strip. Pull to gather to approx. 10″ length and knot. To make flower, glue one end of strip to center of felt circle. Spiral wrap and glue felt strip to circle to make 3″ diameter flower. Trim excess gathers if needed. For flower center, cut 1″ x 2″ strip light pink, roll into cylinder and glue to hold. Trim to 1/2″ tall. Glue to center of flower.
- Freehand cut two approx. 1 1/2″ diameter light pink circles. Repeat to make two 2 1/2″ diameter light pink flowers with dark pink centers.
- Paint wood shapes with acrylic paint. Referring to photo, arrange hearts on work surface with two dark pink hearts set on their straight edges, and light pink heart stacked in between. Hot glue at contact points to make one unit. Set Heart Trio upright and hot glue wood piece under each dark pink heart to make stands. Referring to photo, position and hot glue flowers to hearts.
- Optional: In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray Heart Trio with glitter spray. Cut one section (about 9 strands) of ting ting from stem and timed to approx. 6” long. Referring to photo, tuck ting ting behind dark pink flower and glue to hold.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082