Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (3) 6" Open Hearts - White
- 1/4 yd. x 72" Felt:
- Dark Pink
- Light Pink
- (2) 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" Triangle OR (2) 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" Oval Wood Shapes
- Acrylic Paint - Dark Pink
- (30) 1/8” Self-Adhesive Dots - Clear
- 8" Scissors
- Hand Rotary Cutter
- 12" x 24" Acrylic Ruler
- Cutting Mat
- Pink Thread
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Old Newspapers
- Using a rotary cutter and acrylic ruler on the cutting mat, cut two 1″ x 72″ and two 1″ x 16″ strips from light pink, and four 1″ x 72″ and one 1″ x 20″ strip of dark pink felt. Set aside short strips for flowers.
- (Note: It takes approx. 1 1/2 strips to wrap each heart.) Use hot glue to attach the end of one light pink strip to the foam Heart and wrap around the heart, slightly overlapping each wind, overlapping a little more around curves. Attach the second strip as needed to completely wrap the heart. Trim excess length and hot glue the end to the back. Repeat to cover the other two hearts with dark pink felt strips.
- For the large dark pink flower, freehand cut approx. 2 1/2″ diameter circle from extra, dark pink felt. With needle and thread, sew 1/2 “long basting stitches, approx. 1/8″ away from one long edge of 1″ x 20″ dark pink strip. Pull to gather to approx. 10″ length and knot. To make a flower, glue one end of the strip to the center of the felt circle. Spiral wrap and glue felt strip to circle to make 3″ diameter flower. Trim excess gathers if needed. For flower center, cut 1″ x 2″ strip light pink, roll into cylinder and glue to hold. Trim to 1/2” tall. Glue to the center of the flower.
- Freehand cut two approx. 1 1/2″ diameter light pink circles. Repeat to make two 2 1/2″ diameter light pink flowers with dark pink centers.
- Paint wood shapes with acrylic paint. Referring to the photo, arrange hearts on the work surface with two dark pink hearts on their straight edges and a light pink heart stacked in between. Hot glue at contact points to make one unit. Set Heart Trio upright and hot glue wood piece under each dark pink heart to make stands. Referring to photo, position, and hot glue flowers to hearts.