Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1”x12”x36” Sheet - White
- Battery Operated String Lights: 15 Bulb Count
- Acrylic Paint:
- Foam Cutter
- 3/16” Wood Dowel
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Paint Brushes
- Black Marker
- Print the template and cut it out. Pin the template to the foam sheet. Following the packaging instructions, carefully use a foam cutter or serrated knife to cut out two ampersands from the foam sheet. Be sure to hold the cutter blade at a 90-degree angle to the top of the foam sheet to keep a straight edge. Use a scrap piece of foam to lightly sand any uneven edges.
- Mark 15 holes, evenly spaced, around the backside of one of the foam ampersands using a black marker. Use the wood dowel to pierce the holes through the foam where marked.
- Cut a ½” wide channel through the center of the second foam ampersand using the StyroCutter® Plus. This channel is where you will hide the cords and battery pack from the string lights. Mark the channel with a black marker. Do not cut too close to the edges. Be sure to leave at least 3/8” of foam around the outer edge of the ampersand.
- Glue the two ampersands together. Be careful not to get glue into the pierced holes. Paint the ampersand orange and let dry completely. Dry brush on white paint to give an aged or weathered look.
- Insert the lights into the holes through the back of the shape. Use the dowel to carefully guide the lights into place as needed. Tuck the cord and battery pack into the channel and secure with a U-shaped floral pin if necessary.