Masks & Mustaches
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Sheet: ½” x 12” x 36”
- Acrylic Paint: Black and Orange
- Glitter: Black
- Acrylic Jewels
- Wooden Dowels: 3/16” x 18”
- Sheer Ribbon: ½” Black
- Sequin Pins: ½”
- Acrylic Clear Coat Sealer (Optional)
- Print mask and mustache templates onto cardstock paper. Cut the templates out using the craft knife to cut the eye openings on the masks.
- Pin the cardstock templates to the foam sheet. You can use the foam cutter or serrated knife to cut between all the pinned templates separating them apart from the foam sheet. This might make it easier to cut out the individual foam pieces.
- Read and follow the StyroCutter® and StyroCutter® Plus package instructions carefully before use. Use the StyroCutter® to cut out the mustaches and the masks. Use the cardstock template as a guide for the blade of the cutter to create a smooth clean edge. Hold the blade to the template at a 90 degree angle to keep the edge straight and even. Use the StyroCutter® Plus to cut out the eye openings of each mask. Pierce the blade through the center of the eye and use the template as a guide to cut out each eye opening. Remove the templates from the foam.
- Cover the table with the drop cloth. Pour the glitter into the shallow dish. Paint the foam masks and mustaches black on all sides. As each piece is painted and is still wet, press it into the glitter to cover completely. The paint will secure the glitter in place as it dries. Let dry completely. (Optional) Brush a coat of clear sealer over the glitter to permanently secure the glitter in place and keep it from flaking off. Glue on acrylic jewels to accent the masks with low-temp glue.
- Paint wooden dowels orange and let dry. Glue one end of the ribbon to the top of the wood dowel. Wrap the ribbon in a spiral down the dowel then cut and secure the end with glue. Insert the dowels into the bottom outside edge of each mask and mustache for the handles. Add low-temp glue to secure.
Click link below for templates: